What Influences My Poetry?
As a child I would dream that someday I would write a book. During those years, all I would do was write letters, keep a diary, and draw gowns.Throughout the years I also enjoyed the art of Journaling. After awhile I would find words that would express some feeling that I could not touch. Then I would string the words into free verse. Creating a tool to touch the emotional pain from “loss identity”.
This loss identity emerged after 21 years of religious indoctrination. No longer could I continue living a life that could not provided nourishment for my soul. Here the journey towards becoming a fully realized human person begins again and again. The poems in Winter’s Mystery –Time To Go Within:Spiritual Journeying set me free.
Things That Inspire Me to Write Poetry:
- Nature, my best source of inspiration. Watching and reflecting on Her cycles of change towards transformation, became my source for creating poetry in Winter’s Mystery.
- “The Seasons: Life’s Ever Changing Motion” the powerhouse for my poetry
- Writing in my journal before I get out of bed in the morning and, again at the end of the day is the ritual that keeps my writing alive. This daily activity encourages my muse to share her insights.
- Writing down dreams in my journal and working with a technique called Active Imagination developed by C.G.Jung to help amplify, interpret, and integrate the contents of dreams. Here is where I tune up my inner wisdom.
- Many times while watching the sunrise or sunset I experience some feelings that prompts me to write a poem. Other times, just looking out of my kitchen window into Nature the words will bubble up.
- Reading spiritual, scientific publication, and books often stimulate ideas for a poem or article. Especially, when the words touch me.
Defining The Poetry:
Winter’s Mystery, offers poetry that is not a moral exportation, but a heart felt discovery of learning and experiences of a life worth living. The poems invite and encourage new vision for addressing the daily challenges and roadblocks that life throws our way.
My poetry transforms the upheaval by assisting a person to let go of what no longer works. Then by exposing the lies rebirth unfolds. The work is to uncover the Treasure and empower the true self buried for years.
I am offering a clear-eyed, poetic memoir of my odyssey of becoming. This is a travelogue
for jounreyners with the courage to undertake their own quest through the darkness and into the light.
None of my poems address or teach any religious doctrines they are based on psychological principles.
Out Of The Old – Rebirth Emerges